Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Book Musings - Much Ado About Bachelors by Caitlyn Blue

Title : Much Ado About Bachelors
Author : Caitlyn Blue
Series : Windy City Bachelors Book 2
Genre : Contemporary Romance
Source : ARC from the author

Blurb :

Drama teacher Sarah Callahan has been falling for Harrison Academy's hot, new chemistry teacher since the first day of school. Unfortunately, this sexy nerd has a policy against dating coworkers after his relationship with a teacher at his former school crashed and burned. So what do you do when you’re hot for teacher? Pretend to be drunk so he’ll take advantage of you of course.

Reed Barron has done a great job resisting the beautiful, quirky Sarah. Then comes the night she parties a little too hard and begs him to kiss her. How’s a guy supposed to hold out against…begging? Chemistry like theirs doesn’t happen every day, but Reed isn’t going to give their romance a chance. He’s learned that when things get too intense, it’s safer to retreat.

Armed with Shakespearean quotes and a Goldendoodle puppy, Sarah is determined to teach Reed how to open his heart. But when he’s offered the opportunity of a lifetime to teach abroad, it looks like she might lose him—and their shot at love—forever.


My Musings :

I had already been introduced to the roommates of Sarah in The Trouble with Bachelors. So I was looking forward to reading each one's story. When I came across Much Ado About Bachelors, I was excited because Sarah seemed interesting from the previous book. So I took a chance and well, I have to say that I enjoyed the ups and downs of Sarah and Reed's romance.

In the beginning, I liked the way Sarah and Reed interacted but as the story progressed, I got annoyed with Reed. But this was the only negative point I found in the story. As for the positives, there are a lot including the characters and the story.

Sarah comes across as a force of nature and I can totally understand Reed's reaction to her. Her introduction is superbly played by the author. By the first chapter, I was able to get the entire premise of the book with a hint of what was coming in the following chapters. As much as Sarah is loud and full of energy, Reed is silent but oh so hot. Yeah, a perfect pair in my opinion. Except for his over cautiousness and cowardice when it comes to Sarah, I love love love the pairing!

As for the supporting cast, I loved the family dynamic of Sarah's roommates and friends. The students' aspect, I absolutely enjoyed Reed being bossed around! The story unfolded in both of the protagonists' POV. So there was not much of a surprise twist. It was a bit predictable. But the angst they undergo touched my heart.

The story was at the right pace and it was an easy read. The romance was sweet and hot in turns. The quotes interspersed throughout the book had me going "Aww". It was a very good touch to keep my attention. The ending had me emotional and I enjoyed the way the author had done it. Now I look forward to reading the stories of the other quirky friends too!

I received an ARC from the author for reviewing purposes. This doesn't affect my review in any way.

My one line review : A heroine full of sass + A hero with silent charm = a sweet romance

My rating : 4/5

My reread factor : 3/5

Floryie

No comments:

Post a Comment